12.09.2011

Farewell Annie's Boobs

"But that's not what she was wearing in the Christmas episode," said the guy totally missing the point



It is with a heavy heart I write this post one day after my beloved "Community" has gone into hibernation. Last night's episode was absolutely incredible. It had everything I could ever ask for:

Alison Brie in a low cut Santa suit singing
Troy and Abed making a rap video
Excellent writing that remained Meta until the very end
Did I mention Alison Brie?

One of the best things about "Community" is that the writers are smart enough to find a way to weave special episodes like last year's claymation Christmas episode into the normal progression of the show. So often when a sitcom does a 'special' episode it never gets mentioned again. But what Dan Harmon and the other writers did with the zombie Halloween episode and the clip show episode...Pure genius.

I could sit here and talk about "Community" for days and looking back at my posting history...I sort of already have, but this may not be goodbye for our friends at Greendale. NBC has yet to cancel the show, it just hasn't been given a spot in the new lineup. "Whitney" has a spot but whatever. So I'm not going to pen a teary farewell speech about how much I'm going to miss everyone or how Joel McHale Alison Brie will be the first person I think about when I wake up and the last person I think about before I fall asleep. I'm simply going to say:


2 comments:

  1. Whitney is a great show deserving of a spot. Hilarious

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whitney deserves a spot in NBC's Tuesday night lineup. Thursday is where they put the comedies.

    ReplyDelete