1.17.2012

Awards shows are the worst


I try to do everything in my power to avoid talking, thinking, or hearing about television awards shows. My favorites rarely ever get nominated, let alone win and the 2012 People's Choice Awards were no exception. Prepare to be surprised...

Favorite Network TV Comedy:
The Big Bang Theory, Glee, How I Met Your Mother, Modern Family, and Two and a Half Men.


While I appreciate the inclusion of "Modern Family", the rest of the field is an atrocious mix of kids singing A Capella, smarmy douches, and laugh tracks. Don't even get me started on the fact that "How I Met Your Mother" beat out everyone else. Those idiot kids have been sitting there listening to Bob Saget tell a story for seven seasons now.

Favorite TV Comedy Actor:
Alec Baldwin, Chris Colfer, Cory Monteith, Jim Parsons, and Neil Patrick Harris.


I had to look up the two kids from "Glee" to find out who the hell they were. Who are these 'people' choosing these awards and have any of them ever heard of Nick Offerman? Holy crap people, this category should read Nick Offerman, Nick Offerman, Nick Offerman, Alec Baldwin, and Donald Glover. Oh and NPH picked up the win here.

Favorite TV Comedy Actress:
Courtney Cox, Jane Lynch, Kaley Cuoco, Lea Michele, and Tina Fey.


Once again, no mention of "Parks and Recreation" or the amazing work that Alison Brie did on a little show called "Community", coming back this spring. I don't know what upsets me more, Courtney Cox getting a nomination for "Cougar Town" or Tina Fey getting snubbed in favor of Lea Michele.

Favorite Cable TV Comedy:
Hot in Cleveland, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, And some others


The rest of the field is completely irrelevant. The big story here is that somehow "Hot in Cleveland" beat out "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" for best cable tv comedy. I have no words.


I couldn't agree more Ron.

2 comments:

  1. A little surprised you even gave credence to an award show like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Normally I wouldn't but it was a very slow television news day. Also it was a good excuse to post that picture of Ron Swanson.

    ReplyDelete