1.20.2012

Welcome Back!

I really need to get Photoshop



Ok I realize I'm not exactly starting off 2012 with a bang posting-wise. I could tell you that I haven't posted much this whole week in a show of solidarity for my blogging brethren who would be affected by SOPA/PIPA but I'm just lazy. I did sign the online petition though because I don't want to live in a world where there is a limit on the number of Alison Brie gifs available.

So in an effort to beg for your forgiveness allow me to inundate you with some awesome television news that you will only find on Blog Name TBA, provided you don't visit any other television blogs or read any television insider magazines.

Tom Hanks and that other guy did it better: ABC cancelled their new comedy "Work It" after only two episodes. This show featured two guys who have to dress as women in order to get better jobs or something. I'll be totally honest with you all, I didn't watch this and I was barely aware of its existence. Apparently I was not in the minority.

Louis CK doesn't give a shit: Awards shows like The Golden Globes are nothing more than an opportunity for talentless assholes to flaunt the fact that their horrible show has far more viewers than quality programming like "Community" and "Parks and Recreation" so it should come as no surprise that Louis CK wants no part of that shit.

"It would be false for me to [host the Golden Globe Awards]...I'd have to go and pretend I give a shit and I don't...

I've said it before and I will say it again, Louis CK is quite possibly one of the funniest men on the planet and it's because of things like this. He honestly doesn't care how he is perceived. He says things he thinks are funny and if you don't like him, go to hell or a Dane Cook show, either one works.

Rob Schneider is a professional coat tail rider: This is a rather old news item but no matter how many times I read it I still get infuriated. The premiere of "Rob", in which Rob Schneider milks the same joke for what seems like an eternity, scored 13.5 million views. Granted it aired after "The Big Bang Theory" pulled in 15 million views. I'm going to pretend that most of that 13.5 million is people that fell asleep after the first 5 minutes of "The Big Bang Theory" and slept right through "Rob" and since the average CBS viewer is approximately 75-100 years old, that could be accurate.

Celebrity Wife Swap is a thing: Somehow for some unGodly reason this show was greenlighted and given a timeslot. So far the 'celebrities' swapping have been Tina Yothers, Niecy Nash, Gary Busey, Flava Flav, Dee Snider, and Ted Haggard. Someone is playing pretty fast and loose with the term 'celebrity'.

No comments:

Post a Comment