1.13.2012

I heart Coach Taylor

2006 Dillon Panthers > 2010 East Dillon Lions


People have been trying to get me to watch "Friday Night Lights" for a while now and for some reason I never got around to checking it out. I think it might have something to do with the fact that it jumped over to that special DirectTv channel that only airs reruns of "The Wire" and Earth, Wind, and Fire concerts.

So this Christmas I received season 1 of "Friday Night Lights" from my wonderful and caring sister and I spent the entire rest of my vacation sitting in front of Netflix streaming the crap out of the rest of the series, it was that good.

"Friday Night Lights" is fantastic for so many reasons. The show obviously features football but manages to work it into the plot in a very organic way, not wedging it awkwardly into the story (See, "The League"). The characters, at least to me, are extremely real people. We all know people like these kids, we went to high school with these kids. The connections between the characters feel so real and genuine that you actually lose sight of the fact that it's a television show. And last but not least Kyle Chandler Taylor Kitsch Adrianne Palicki makes me want to write sappy emo love songs.

Unfortunately like everything else I love and cherish, "Friday Night Lights" ended after only five seasons but all five seasons are available for instant streaming on Netflix and absolutely worth checking out.

No comments:

Post a Comment